ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

New version of ToDoList released

(1/3) > >>

app103:
In honor of the great GTD experiment, I have done a little more work on my ToDoList program. I have added the ability to print lists and resize the window. I also made the list text larger so it will be easier to read.

I use this, myself, for tons of things from my grocery list, tasks that need to be done on projects, party planning, links that need to be checked for my ebook site, etc.

It's pretty basic, but it gets the job of making a list done, very quickly. It also makes recycling lists very easy.

* To create a new list, click the New List button. (If you have an unsaved list loaded, you will be prompted to save it.)
* To add an item click the Add button and type in your text. Then click OK or hit your Enter key again. Click the Add button or hit your Enter key to add additional entries.
* To edit an item, just click the Edit button and change the text. Then click OK or hit your Enter key.
* To delete an item from the ToDo side, select it and click the Delete button. (Note: You can not delete entries from the Done side. The must be moved back to ToDo side in order to be deleted.)
* To undo a delete, click the Undo Delete button.
* To open an existing list, click the Open List button and navigate to the location of list file (filename.tdo).
* To save a list, click Save.
* To save an existing list with a new name or save a new list, click Save List as... (Note: Lists are saved in a pair of files; one having a .tdo extension (your todo list) and one having a .don extension (your done list). If you move one of these files to a new location, you must move them both. They must be kept together as a pair.)
* To print your ToDo list, click the Print button. (Note: You can only print the ToDo side. You can not print your Done side. If you want to print the Done side, you will have to open the .don file in notepad and print it from there.)
* To move an item from the ToDo side to the Done side, click the > button located in the center, between the 2 lists.
* To move all items from ToDo to Done, click the >> button located in the center, between the 2 lists.
* To move an item from Done back to ToDo, click the < button located in the center, between the 2 lists.
* To move all items from Done back to ToDo, click the << button located in the center, between the 2 lists.
Enjoy!

http://appsapps.info/todolist.php

Redhat:
Thank you app - I shall try it out right away. Keep up the good work  :Thmbsup:

Looking forward to this project - should be great!

Redhat:
Very nice (just been using it)  :D

May I make just two little "requests" for features? It would "perfect" it for me  :)

* Re-Organising of Tasks - Is it possible to make available the drag-drop re-organising of tasks in the task list to prioritise?
* Auto-Save - Also would be great for the list to save automagically after entering a new item! (or, if #1 is implimented, also everytime something is re-organised)
Ta for now  :D

app103:

* Re-Organising of Tasks - Is it possible to make available the drag-drop re-organising of tasks in the task list to prioritise?-Redhat (August 24, 2006, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Currently it alphabetizes the list whenever you add an entry, which was much easier to do than drag & drop....and makes finding items in large lists easier. It's more of a general list making program than a real organized todo list one.

The easiest way to prioritize a list would be to assign a rank number to the beginning of the entry. That way when it sorts, the numbers would be put in order at the top and unranked entries would be alphabetized at the bottom.

* Auto-Save - Also would be great for the list to save automagically after entering a new item! (or, if #1 is implimented, also everytime something is re-organised)-Redhat (August 24, 2006, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be a lot of saving! Don't forget that would also mean saving both lists, ToDo & Done...and after each item shift too. I am not sure how that would perform with large lists on an old slow pc and if it would have a bad effect on overall performance of the program.

I don't know if you are aware of this but everything I create has to be able to be run on a 233mhz P1 with 64mb ram on Win9x, or I won't release it. I made a personal ethical commitment to owners of old PC's that this is what I would do for as long as my old slow pc continues to work. And that is a promise I will not back down on.

I'll keep the suggestions in mind though.

rjbull:
Don't forget that would also mean saving both lists, ToDo & Done...and after each item shift too. I am not sure how that would perform with large lists on an old slow pc and if it would have a bad effect on overall performance of the program.
-app103 (August 25, 2006, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why not make it one file in two parts, internally like

buy groceries
do laundry
mail package
==============================
make dinner
pick up kids from school

so it's only one file to save?  I don't necessarily mean display it like that, just a way to reduce disk I/O activity.  Also, have you implemented hotkeys?  If you offer the standard Control-S for Save, keyboard-centred people can get into the habit of saving as often as they like, and make their own compromise between security and performance.

0.2p... (I'm English)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version