ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I'm thinking of going primitive, with discursion into zettelkasten

<< < (41/244) > >>

Dormouse:
I've just taken on a new project that needs to be completed over the weekend. So, I will need a temporary sources folder and a temporary Temp folder! But by Monday it will be all done and dusted and in permanent zettel. Unless I'm forced to extend by non-completion.

superboyac:
OK!  more updates....

So I am still struggling with one-note one-thought.  Specifically, what i think is one note ends up being a whole  bunch of thoughts.  So my method to get better at this is to call it for myself:  One question, one answer.  So my notes are now a question as the subject, and an answer (short as possible).  This is kind of working for me now.

My notes structure is:

ID (zettlr generates based on date-time, I just copy to top of the note content)
title/question (same as name of file)
tags

then the content/answer

so for my screenplay writing, it might be like:
Who is the Hero?
#moviename #screenplay

The hero is Dormouse, a mouse with a door fetish.
[But why does he have a door fetish?](link to door fetish note)

Dormouse:
Dormouse, a mouse with a door fetish.
(link to door fetish note)-superboyac (November 27, 2019, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Note content:

door dorm
Dormice embody the Latin virtue of Sleep  ;D

superboyac:
lol!  damn!  those things hibernate half the year??  ridiculous.

Dormouse:
I think a question is a perfectly OK method to focus the notes. Though not the only way. And questions don't necessarily lead to a focused thought: what is the best way from Riga (Latvia) to Sydney (Australia) should never have a simple answer - a set of directions should emerge after consideration of a wide number of issues. Of course, the question could be Note 1. the issues could be notes 2 - n and the set of directions could be linked to them all.

While I think atomicity is important for linking, I also feel that the developed thought needs to be long and developed enough to warrant an independent existence.

Ironically, and off-topic, I've found a use for OneNote. Can be structured to help conceptually, and easy to have very tiny and often temporary notes, store data and work as a shared international enterprise. Once it is complete, everything could be put into separate documents, but, as a WIP. OneNote makes it easier. And, on topic, one of the issues was tiny temporary thoughts which wouldn't warrant existence as a separate document and which shouldn't be consolidated  until there's some clarity about the final form.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version