ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Force PPTView.exe to always show on secondary monitor

<< < (2/2)

kproth:
lanux128 - you're a genius  8)

WinWarden works just fine to move the PPT to the second monitor.

For the record, I'm using the following line in WinWarden2.ini:

--- ---Creating,PowerPoint Viewer Slide Show - *,,WholeScreen,,1280,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I have two monitors @ 1280x1024, so the new position of 1280,0 moves the PPT window to the upper left corner of monitor #2. Note, this only works if both monitors are the same size. WinWarden will resize the window if desired, but PPTview doesn't recognize that situation, and as such it behaves as if you simply cropped the presentation - it doesn't resize the presentation to match the new window size.

So, problem solved. Yay!

lanux128:
glad that you've worked it out, kproth.. :up:
the real genius is skrommel, who has written fantastic programs that were non-existent previously and some donation credits for him would be nice... ;)

Kruskal:
lanux128 - you're a genius  8)

WinWarden works just fine to move the PPT to the second monitor.

For the record, I'm using the following line in WinWarden2.ini:

--- ---Creating,PowerPoint Viewer Slide Show - *,,WholeScreen,,1280,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I have two monitors @ 1280x1024, so the new position of 1280,0 moves the PPT window to the upper left corner of monitor #2. Note, this only works if both monitors are the same size. WinWarden will resize the window if desired, but PPTview doesn't recognize that situation, and as such it behaves as if you simply cropped the presentation - it doesn't resize the presentation to match the new window size.

So, problem solved. Yay!
-kproth (August 21, 2006, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
I tried this and it seemed to work when the secondary monitor was  to the right of the primary one.  But when I made it to the left -- where I really want it -- it failed in a strange way.  I used the line:

Creating,VLC media player*,,WholeScreen,,100,100,200,400,,,,,,,,,,,,

This defines a window larger than the default window for VLC.  When I tried it with a single monitor, it worked great.  But when I tried it with a secondary monitor -- a TV -- on the left, it came up on the primary monitor just as it had when that was the only monitor.  But then in a flash, the window was replaced with the default size. 

Any idea why the resize?  Is WinWarden2 supposed to respect the location of the secondary monitor?

Thanks -- Vincent

lanux128:
Creating,VLC media player*,,WholeScreen,,100,100,200,400,,,,,,,,,,,,-Kruskal (November 27, 2007, 05:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

try using negative co-ordinates and see if it helps..

--- ---Creating,VLC media player*,,WholeScreen,,-100,-100,200,400,,,,,,,,,,,,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version