topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Do you reach for your mobile when it did not ring ?  (Read 4056 times)

patteo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Do you reach for your mobile when it did not ring ?
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:11 AM »
How often have you reach for your mobile phone when it did not ring. You just thought it was your mobile ringing when it was your wife or son or just a stranger's mobile ringing.

Well, it happens to me. Many of us use Nokia phones and guess what, the default ring tones are the same in many cases. They do have a few others but some are just too jarring or too plain.

I was wondering if anyone knows a good, safe website where you can download catchy and nice FREE ring tones so that you only need to reach for your mobile when it actually rings, even in a crowded train.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Do you reach for your mobile when it did not ring ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 08:42 AM »
You have to be very careful when searching for ringtones. "Free Ringtones" is the 8th most likely search term that will end up with malware on your system.

Make sure you are getting your stuff from a site with a good reputation for not spreading malware.

The only site I could spot on my own google search that looked like it would be safe was this one:

http://cellphones.ab...d/ringtonesmelodies/

They have a number of free original ones they created themselves and offer them on the website.

Be careful about links that will lead you off the website and read EVERYTHING.

I don't own a cell phone or I would volunteer to do some testing to make sure it was safe.

Use at your own risk.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Do you reach for your mobile when it did not ring ?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:07 AM »
I have a SonyEricsson K750i, which supports mp3 ring tones...
{Dimmu Borgir: Puritanical Euphoric Misanthrophia: Sympozium}
does a pretty good job at getting my attention; heck, I even use my cellphone as an alarm clock 8)
- carpe noctem