ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Done: Batch mp3 bitrate converter

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
If you transcode low->high bitrate (which is silly idea), you'll often *lose* quality, because the encode process is destructive.

if you transcode high->low bitrate, quality will obviously be worse... but it'll also be worse than if you re-rip to the lower quality.

The only time when transcoding is okay is when the source is a lossless format... for instance, if you have all your audio CDs ripped to FLAC or APE, and want to generate .mp3 files for your portable player.

wr975:
So the other day, I was wanting to convert a bunch of mp3's bitrates, but being that I have a bunch of them, it would take me way to long to convert them one by one, so I was wondering if any one knew of a program, or could make one, that would convert multiple mp3 bitrates. -nite_monkey (August 19, 2006, 01:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm using AdvaLame Suite (an enhanced RazorLame) to transcode files.

http://mrcadvasoft.byethost13.com/avlame_vershist.htm

After installation you can right-click your MP3s and select transcode, or use the GUI. Be sure to select Edit/Transcode Mode *before* dragging MP3s into the GUI. A nice feature: It adds "_transcoded" to the filename, so source/target can be in the same folder + the original file is not lost.

ID3v1 tags will be kept while transcoding, ID3v2 tags will be lost.

nite_monkey:
Thanks kimmchii I think Dbpower amp is what I am looking for. I was wanting to drop the bit rate a little so I could fit more songs on a single cd. (not an mp3 disc) This seems to let me select multiple files and convert them to what ever bit rate I want, thanks! :Thmbsup:

nudone:
isn't an audio cd (or whatever they are called) encoded at a specific rate, i.e. 44.1 kHz 16-bit or something like that.

so whatever messing about you do with the mp3 conversion you'll still end up with the standard audio cd encoding?

nite_monkey:
yes, but mp3 files at a larger bit rate are larger in size than smaller ones, so you cant put as many on a cd as you could if you shrunk the bit rate down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version