topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Help with P2P and VoIP BCB Programming...  (Read 5011 times)

Renox

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Help with P2P and VoIP BCB Programming...
« on: August 13, 2006, 06:58 PM »
I am using Borland's C++ Builder 4.0 but I also have Borland 2006 as well... I would like to incorporate a simple P2P file sharing feature for a future program that I am creating (new version of vortex.) I have been looking into this option and have already received a few recommendations... Only problem is that I still haven't gotten anywhere... I am a hands on learner... Show me source code for something one time and if i understand it, I wont forget it for a long time... Is it possible that somebody could program an example for me to look at using BCB 4.0 or even Borland C++ Builder 2006... I would be more than happy and willing to tip the person a few DonationCredits if they can help me out with this... I prefer BCB 4.0, so if you can get a hold of that and script it in that, It would make me the happiest person alive... I also need this example thingy done for Voice over IP... so if you know how to do either one... Please re-post...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Help with P2P and VoIP BCB Programming...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 01:39 AM »
renox, the only thing i know is that voip component set i found before; can you remind us what it was? did you have a look at it?

Renox

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:47 AM »
I can't seem to remember... I haven't found it yet... Is it possible that you could remind me?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 07:55 AM »
torry is always good for delphi/bcb components:
http://www.torry.net...g=voip&Title=Yes

martyjn

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Internet Games
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Hi Renox
as far as file transfer goes with gamechat i set up a filestream to the file that was to be sent.used sendstream to send the filestream over the socket connection then on the recieving side open a new file with the appropriate nam and right the buffer that was read from the socket to the file until the entire file is recieved.As far as voice goes i used voice clips (up to 20 seconds) used speex voice encoder/decoder to reduce the audio about 10* (unfortunately couldnt get the speex to compile using borland so interfaced to the commandline encoder/decoder pair from gamechat.) as for streaming audio i lookoed and couldnd find anything free that did what i wanted.Anyway i will organise a small example program if you like good to see ypu active on donationcoder again.
marty

Renox

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 03:03 PM »
I would love to see that small sample program! Very glad to see that you got the whole thing working... I am more of a hands on learner, so if you wrote me an app that sent files and voice stuff that would be excellent ... I can pick parts of the code apart and analyze whats going on, then try to re-write another small app till i get the hang of how it works... I have been looking for stuff like that on the web but have had no luck finding any so... I would be willing to donate some donationcredits to you if this is possible... Thankyou martyjn! I cant wait to see your gamechat and how far it has come! I have had no time to experiment with vortex at all recently and I am just now getting back to it so... I still have alot of work to do. Thnx buddy!