ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: "Write on Screen" Tool

<< < (2/5) > >>

Aquarelle:
Hi,

I replied yesterday, but it didn't post!   :mad:
So, I'll try again.

Thanks for the cool app, it has potential, yet it lacks a few tools to make it really useful. Here are some:

- Ability to draw straight lines (from point "A" to point "B") with different thickness and colors (T&C).
- Ability to draw squares and circles, also with different T&C.
- Ability to hide (or minimize) the GUI, while using the tools.  Sometimes, it's in the way, and is a bit too big.
- Ability to confine Fibonacci lines from point "A" to point "B" (instead of drawing them across the screen).
- Change the T&C of the Fibonacci lines.

All for now  :)

As for your offer to "...donate a very very very small percentage of your trading profits to DC".... Errr... let me see....
1% of $1 million is hmmm... quite a lot!  I only wish I could make that much money.  But I am a student in trading, not a pro.  However, I can offer you something else for now. As a professional translator (English to French), I would be able to translate a finished application, and then you can sell it "shareware" to the investors' community.  That would be much better than what I can offer you with 1% of my gains  :D

So, do you think my "simple" suggestions could be done?
In any case, thanks a lot for your help... you worked very fast to do something which seemed quite difficult (to my non-programming mind!)  :Thmbsup:

--Peter

brett:
Hi Peter

I just found the app you are after.
I used it ages ago to mark up some emails before replying but have not needed it for a while.
The name escaped me until today, so I was not sure what to google for.
And making the AHK script was good fun as I learnt a little myself.

Jotsmart
http://www.dailytoast.com/
Summary
Put a square around the screen area to work on.
Add lines, arrows, circles, squares, ellipses, different line styles and thicknesses. Highlighter, add text, change colors.
When finished, save the square area as a jpg or png, or email

- Ability to draw straight lines (from point "A" to point "B") with different thickness and colors (T&C).
- Ability to draw squares and circles, also with different T&C.
- Ability to hide (or minimize) the GUI, while using the tools.  Sometimes, it's in the way, and is a bit too big.
- Ability to confine Fibonacci lines from point "A" to point "B" (instead of drawing them across the screen).
- Change the T&C of the Fibonacci lines.
--- End quote ---

Having revisited this software, it is handy. ($20) non expiring Trial inserts small advert below email, and advert below GUI
The 'Aquarelle Rule' is very narrow, very few people would have any use for it.
'Jotsmart' is something everyone could use.

when i have some spare time, i will play with the Fibonacci line script, it can draw the ratios on screen automatically so is more accurate then by hand. a combination of Jotsmart and the script should do everything you need

Good luck with your trading.

Side note. (whilst researching what a fibonacci is)
I read with interest a idea of creating a full automatic mechanical trading system. A application that would Buy and Sell via the internet without human intervention. You set the rules, give it some dollars, and sit back. Hmmmm, would it be possible.

dB
doublebogey

Aquarelle:
Thanks for the link!

I also have read a lot about so called "mechanical trading system" where the machine does the work for you.  Well, it's one of the best way to go broke!

Trading involves human psychology: fear, greed, hope, etc. all which a machine can't do!

But, if you ever have time to delve a bit deeper into the "Aquarelle Rule", then please let me know!

And, maybe you don't know but there are thousands of people clung to their computer everyday, and watching the stock market, and their own stocks and options.  They use all kinds of tools, the Fibonacci is one of them.

As I said, if someone (you ;)) can make such a tool, then many traders would be happy to give "generously" to DC!

Imagine all you could do with that... much better than trading  :D

Thanks and have a sunny day  8)

mouser:
My sister uses this with an interactive whiteboard in her class; it's a bit outside of what you are asking for but it's pretty damn nice:

http://www.smarttech.com/support/software/sb_win.asp

It does a lot including letting you draw on screen in a variety of ways, but also some very cool stuff that helps in illustrating concepts like snagging images from web pages and maintaining galleries, etc.

ChippyLasticko:
Try Deskmarker if you just want to doodle on the screen. Very easy / quick / fast. Has hotkeys to clear the "scribbles" as well :

http://www.deskmarker.com/en/screenshots.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version