ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: "Write on Screen" Tool

(1/5) > >>

Aquarelle:
Hello,

First time here!
I am not a programmer, just a simple user   ;)

Is there a way to program a "simple" tool such as something that could enable me to write directly on screen?
I want to be able to:
- draw straight lines, with and without end arrow.
- draw circles and boxes (squares).
- write words on top of other applications.
- Use a "Fibonacci tool" to be used on top of stock charts.

Is that feasible??

Much thanks to anyone brave enough to venture into this project... if it is doable!

Peter

patthecat:
Hi Peter,

Although it does not fulfill all of what you are looking for, ZoomIt allows you to draw freeform on the screen with your mouse.  An undocumented feature is that if you press the "Shift" key while drawing with the mouse it draws straight lines (no arrowheads though).

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ZoomIt.html

patrick

Aquarelle:
Thanks for the link!
Though this small app could be useful for some, it's not exactly what I am looking for.
There are a few softwares like that, and the one closest to what I want can be found here:

http://www.hopkinsprogramming.net/software/vbdoodle/gallery/

Yet, it's not in its final stage, and it lacks a tool which I really need: the Fibonacci tool.

I am a trader and I look at lots of charts. The Fibonacci tool is useful to visually calculate different ratios, and very quickly.  The user draws a starting point and then a finishing point. In between those 2 points, 3 more lines are added automatically according to some percentage: 38,2% - 50% - 61,8%  Those are the Fibonacci numbers.

If I could add a JPG I could show you, but I don't know how.

So, do you think there is a way to do such a tool?

Thanks again!   :Thmbsup:

brett:
Hi Aquarelle

Is there a way to program a "simple" tool such as something that could enable me to write directly on screen?
I want to be able to:
- draw straight lines, with and without end arrow.
- draw circles and boxes (squares).
- write words on top of other applications.
- Use a "Fibonacci tool" to be used on top of stock charts.
--- End quote ---

The use for this small app is limited to people that trade the stockmarket, using charting, and use the Fibonacci tool.
I would guess about 1 in 10,000 of general population.

So here is the catch,
This excellent website requires a little help to maintain its high standard. (WD mouser)
If you are successful with this script, I would like you to return to Donation Coder, and donate a very very very small percentage of your trading profits to DC.
Somewhere well less then 1% of the gains. :)

So here we have, The 'Aquarelle Rule', a small AHK script that will draw fibonacci lines ontop of the screen, and allow text to be overlaid.
Tip. I would use Mousers excellent 'ScreenShotCaptor' to archive your trades and notes. maybe you could post a screenshot later.

Comments, Suggestions and Feedback welcome
dB (Doublebogey)

lanux128:
to be honest, i don't know what is this but i just downloaded it to have a look and it looks cool... 8)
anyway, it is lacking screen-shots, so i'm posting a couple of them..

Fig. A: Main window

Fig. B: Desktop with the added Fibonacci lines

P.S. doublebogey, this looks like a birdie.. ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version