ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (8/43) > >>

zridling:
Okay, the dev of XYplorer himself — Donald Lessau (DonL) — showed up. Thanks man!

sri:
1) is it possible to have clickable breadcrumbs in XYPlorer (like in xplorer2 shown below)?

2) Can XYPlorer remember the navigation I used? For example: In xplorer2, if I navigate to C:\Program Files and go inside say 'FindAndRunRobot' folder when I hit the backspace key 'Program Files' folder is currently selected, now when I press enter to go in it, 'FindAndRunRobot' folder is auto selected 'cos that's where I was the last time.

Not only that, even if I close and open xplorer2, it will remember the last navigated folders/files.

This is an supremely useful feature which you'll only realize the value of, once you know/use it.

Does XYPlorer have it?

allen:
I've only been using the application for as long as this review has been posted, so I'm by no means an experienced user.  From what I can tell, however, neither the clickable breadcrumbs or auto remember of last folder (when going back) are available.  It does, however, remember the folder used between sessions.  Having the last folder used highlighted does sound like a really handy feature, though -- swing by the forum and suggest it, I wouldn't be surprised if it made the cut.

--In other news, I've just discovered a feature that has me jumping up and down.  I can perform search querries directly from the address bar in XYplorer, not having to switch to a search enter face.  For example, C:\?*.exe would show me only executables in c:\ or c:\?*.exe /r to find executables recursively under C.  Even regex support.  Most convenient for me, reluctant to touch my mouse.

DonL:
@Sri:

Two times "no", I'm afraid. At least for the time being.
1) The xplorer2 breadcrumb is real cool. I envy it since long but I'm too proud to steal it.
2) Oh, that's nice. I might steal this one... ;)

Don

Darwin:
DonL - I say steal away! Dopus has the same feature (breadcrumbs) so it's not unique to xplorer2 (I have no idea who originated it; very likely it was neither app...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version