ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (3/43) > >>

zridling:
Thanks Josh, I appreciate the kind words.

TucknDar:
As for apps like ExplorerPlus and Total Commander, I have not made a direct comparison, but XYplorer goes beyond either in usability.
--- End quote ---
What do you mean by usability?

zridling:
Usability: Ease of use, configurability, or to be more specific, the ability to tailor the program to the way you work to meet your needs. XYplorer can be mimic almost any other file manager layout. My screenshots provide only a very few of its possible layouts.

tslim:
Hi,
It has been quite some months ago when I tried Explorer replacement applications, for what I can still recall right now:

1) DO is relatively weak in handling archive files (compare to Total Commander)
2) Total Commander is the ugliest among all. (But lifetime license)
3) xPlorer2 has the best help document but it fails me in searching PDF files

I am a programmer (since the DOS time) but I find DO search difficult to learn, particularly its regular expression syntax (which is also used in renaming files), and there seems to have no detail documentation on this.

TucknDar:
Usability: Ease of use, configurability, or to be more specific, the ability to tailor the program to the way you work to meet your needs. -zridling (August 18, 2006, 08:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm... I've tailored Total Commander to do exactly what I want it to, it's easy to use and highly configurable, so I just didn't quite understand what you meant with this remark: As for apps like ExplorerPlus and Total Commander, I have not made a direct comparison, but XYplorer goes beyond either in usability.
--- End quote ---
But to each his/her own ;)
2) Total Commander is the ugliest among all. (But lifetime license)-tslim
--- End quote ---
Even though I'm a huge fan of TC, I'd have to agree with you, although most of it can be configured, the default look and screenshots from the official site can (and probably have) turned quite a few users away.

A great review, though, zridling, even with my complaints. It's always great to see good file managers around, not just to be far superior alternatives to Windows Explorer, but also to keep up the competition! I'm sure all of the great file managers have borrowed quite a few features from the others, so good to see them push each other's boundaries :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version