ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (28/43) > >>

DonL:
XYplorer-free has that nice feature where you can clip a directory listing of files+paths to the clipboard or to a CSV file, but is there a way to make it use UNC paths instead of drive mappings, and to choose only the columns you want, in the order you want, instead of all of them?-rjbull (December 11, 2007, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
UNC no, the rest yes. Simply hide the columns or drag them to the order you like.

rjbull:
UNC no, the rest yes. Simply hide the columns or drag them to the order you like.
-DonL (December 11, 2007, 04:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, DonL!

Suggest you consider UNC for the paid version,  though.

DonL:
--- End quote ---

Thanks, DonL!

-rjbull (December 11, 2007, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
You mean to automatically translate the mapped paths, or to add another column for the UNC versions of the mappings?

BTW, XYplorer 7.0 is out since yesterday! Here's a quick overview: http://www.xyplorer.com/release_7.00.htm

rjbull:
--- End quote ---

Thanks, DonL!

--- End quote ---
You mean to automatically translate the mapped paths, or to add another column for the UNC versions of the mappings?
-DonL (April 01, 2008, 01:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should have been clearer in the first place...  If there has to be a choice, I presume I'd have to plump for the latter.  The scenario is that on the network at work, I need to know what the UNC versions are so I can paste them into e-mails, so recipients can be sure of getting a clickable link to the target file.  That's all, really.

DonL:
--- End quote ---

Thanks, DonL!

--- End quote ---
-DonL (April 01, 2008, 01:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should have been clearer in the first place...  If there has to be a choice, I presume I'd have to plump for the latter.  The scenario is that on the network at work, I need to know what the UNC versions are so I can paste them into e-mails, so recipients can be sure of getting a clickable link to the target file.  That's all, really.
-rjbull (April 01, 2008, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Okay, just to make sure: You are talking about the command File / To Clipboard / Item Path/Name(s), right? And there should be one more: File / To Clipboard / Item UNCPath/Name(s), which of course only makes any sense when used on mapped drives. That should be easy to add...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version