ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (43/43)

Innuendo:
Yes, without its ugly UI I had never dug for better file managers.  :P-Tuxman (January 04, 2010, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Total Commander is only as ugly as the amount of effort you put into customizing it. It's quite ugly after being first installed, but if you spend a little time you'll have something that looks quite nice & can do things no other file manager can.

Tuxman:
Total Commander is like foobar2000: You can spend hours customizing it, still it looks like something ugly that has been customized.

tomos:
We'll have to start a thread for pretty pics of file managers lol
I know when Superboyac got into Dopus he got it to look like TC.
It probably depends a lot on your theme - TC is very functional looking & looks fine out of the box if you have a nice Classic theme (I think).
Nothing looks good with the default XP theme (hah!)
I cant imagine what default TC would look like with Aero, culture shock I think.

Sortof getting back on topic, XY looks good out of the box - again very functional but not as clunky as TC

TucknDar:
Yeah, sorry for starting the OT'ing...  :-[ I'll post when I've got something to say about XYPlorer...

delwoode:
One of the things that attracts me to a program is whether it is under active development. Xyplorer definately is! The betas (available for registered users) come out more than once a week. whenever the developer thinks of a new idea of adjustment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version