ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (35/43) > >>

noutters:
For those eager BETA tester, I post now my Autohotscript script that upgrades automatically XYplorer. Enjoy. :Thmbsup:

;-------------------Start of script-------------------------
#SingleInstance,Force
#Persistent
ApplicationTitle=Download XYplorer Beta`nCompile 5/1/2007 11:38AM
SetBatchLines,-1

TrayTip,,Downloading latest XYplorer Beta...
UrlDownloadToFile, http://www.xyplorer.com/latestbeta.php, c:\temp.zip
TrayTip,,Downloading latest XYplorer Beta... DONE!
;MsgBox,1,,Close all instances of XYplorer and upgrade?
;IfMsgBox,Cancel
;{
;  FileDelete, c:\temp.zip
;  ExitApp
;}

TrayTip,,Closing XYplorer
loop, 10
{
Process,Close,XYplorer.exe
if ErrorLevel
   Sleep, 500
else
   Continue
}

; The following line should be changed according to the program you use to unzip your files
TrayTip,,Upgrading XYplorer
RunWait, c:\util\7za.exe e -y -o"C:\Program Files\XYplorer\"  c:\temp.zip   ;<-------------- you need to change the path to the unzip program

FileDelete, c:\temp.zip
TrayTip,,Restarting XYplorer
Run, C:\Program Files\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe
Sleep 1000
TrayTip
ExitApp

Return
;-------------------End of script-------------------------

kartal:
DonL

Will there be any layout customization sometime soon? That is one thing I need to have it myself. At the moment your app is very very nice however I hate where preview,find etc are to be honest :( I do not use xyplorer but I would like to in the future :)

DonL:
DonL

Will there be any layout customization sometime soon? That is one thing I need to have it myself. At the moment your app is very very nice however I hate where preview,find etc are to be honest :( I do not use xyplorer but I would like to in the future :)

-kartal (May 16, 2008, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
There are good reasons for the way it is now. Please attend user forum for further discussion.

rjbull:
XYplorer 7.70 released!

XYplorer 7.70 has been released on 15-Oct-2008. Here's a quick introduction to the main new features:

New Address Bar Deluxe with icons and optimized usability. It...
... supports Unicode.
... optionally auto-completes path names.
... optionally auto-completes recently used items.
... supports TAB-bing through the items.
... supports select-all-by-triple-click.
... is highly configurable.
... shows icons for edit box and list items. Icons help you to easily distinguish the various types of items that are supported by the Address Bar: Folders, Files, Drives, Servers, Quick Searches, Visual Filters, URLs, Scripts.

The edit box icon instantly adjusts to the text while-U-type, thus giving you immediate feedback about the existence of a path or the nature of an item:

Color Filters 2.0. Now you can define the backcolor of items.

Scripting. Now with math, logic, and functions. 
As a little demonstration here's how to abuse your favorite file manager as a basic calculator: ...

Unicode support is now complete for all parts of the application.

Speed. Browsing folders and finding files got faster again. Also switching tabs is now incredibly smooth.

--- End quote ---

Grorgy:
'Tis a wonderful thing, gets better almost weekly and the regular major release is always a nice one.   :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version