ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Vote for what Review to do Next

<< < (6/9) > >>

mouser:
i would love to have us expand the concept of reviews to encompass things like more general purpose "guides"

like "guide to technical review sites" or "guide to backing up your computer" etc

Josh:
Can we highlight the topics in the list above that have been covered already? Also, do mini-reviews count or do you only count full fledged reviews?

mouser:
good idea about indicating what has been done already, i will put together a list.
the list above was meant to be for big FULL reviews (shootouts),
but this list reflects people's interests, so any mini review of any program falling into those categories would be welcome on the mini review section.

mea1:
I've seen complaints that Adobe has become massive, slow and fills up the registry.
There are a lot of PDF reader/creator/editors available....
It would be nice to see a review of features/stability/speed etc.
For those that need to create PDF's, but don't require editting ability,
OpenOffice (freeware) converts documents to PDF:
http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.3/contribute.html?product=OpenOffice.org&os=win&lang=en&version=2.0.3

JavaJones:
I have been working with a whole lot of different PDF tools lately in my job. I've been interested in doing a review of some type, probably starting with readers first (I know, a less useful topic for many) and then maybe moving on to simple PDF creators (print-based or direct Save As/Export) and then maybe ultimately real PDF creators that allow direct edits of existing documents. There's no telling when any of this might happen though so if someone gets to it before me I wouldn't mind. :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version