ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 67 upgrade issues

(1/2) > >>

f0dder:
Hey folks,

When I upgrade from Firefox 66 to 67 (which is a pretty good idea because of security issues and stuff), the browser seems to lose internet connectivity. It starts up and tries to restore my tabs, but all of them are blank and in the "loading" state. If I go to "Help -> About", even the "checking for updates" seems unable to connect.

I've tried disabling all my addons, but that doesn't make a difference. There's no proxy configuration or other network trickery. If I reinstall FF 66, stuff works again.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Or, alternatively (and perhaps better in general), how I can export and re-import all addon settings in a fresh installation? I have a whole bunch of uMatrix and NoScript configuration that I'd really, really hate to redo.

mouser:
How strange.. 
I wonder if one of the disabled plugins could still be responsible..
Don't have any ideas except to let you know that FF 67 is working fine here.  But I only have a handful of addons.

f0dder:
I wonder if one of the disabled plugins could still be responsible..-mouser (June 29, 2019, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Dunno, I would think they're supposed to be disabled when they're disabled :) - and FF67 works fine on my work laptop. I guess my profile on this machine might be partially corrupted or something, but the behavior certainly is weird.

Backing up and restoring addon data on a fresh install (profile) would probably be the best option, but I dunno how to do that - and the idea of tracking down the files manually seems so tedious, even if it's probably just uMatrix, uBlock and NoScript I need. Well, and the standard Firefox options.

mouser:
firefox supports multiple "identities" -- you could try starting it with a different identity profile:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox/Multiple_profiles

Maybe that would help troubleshoot the nature of the issue and make it easier to test stuff?

f0dder:
firefox supports multiple "identities" -- you could try starting it with a different identity profile:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox/Multiple_profiles-mouser (June 29, 2019, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I did try starting with a new, blank profile, and that works - hence my guess that my current profile might be semi-corrupted or something.

And that could definitely be used to try and identify files that have addon configuration, and manually copying them over, but... ugh :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version