ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

my solution to Virus Totaluploader

<< < (2/2)

chashnniel:
@4wd

what's this?
my solution to Virus Totaluploader
Thanks

Curt:
This thread is confusing me. The meaning of VT is to test any site or file BEFORE downloading anything, not to download and only then test. You have described what we use a locally installed anti-virus program for! But, again, it's much better to test before downloading.

What Internet browser are you using? Go to https://support.virustotal.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002700745-Browser-Extensions and find your match!
For Chrome you can go straight to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vtchromizer/efbjojhplkelaegfbieplglfidafgoka

But maybe I misunderstood the situation?

4wd:
what's this?
[ Invalid Attachment ]-chashnniel (August 09, 2019, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Those four icons are inserted into all windows by DisplayFusion:

* Resize window to 60% of the monitor in the lower right corner
* Resize to 50% screen size, full height, right side
* Next wallpaper for all monitors
* Pin window as topmost
There are many more operations that can be pinned to a windows titlebar.

The meaning of VT is to test any site or file BEFORE downloading anything, not to download and only then test.-Curt (August 10, 2019, 02:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

The meaning of VT is to test any file, not just before you download - that's why it has an upload file feature.

After all, how do expect to test a suspicious file that comes in via, for example, email, another computer on a network, a flash drive, etc, etc ?

wraith808:
You have described what we use a locally installed anti-virus program for! But, again, it's much better to test before downloading.
-Curt (August 10, 2019, 02:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

While you use the local virus tools for this VT lets you compare against a variety of virus tools instead of just one.

chashnniel:
@4wd
thx
@curt
yeah, as 4wd said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version