topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Poll

Who is in favor of renting a cabin in the mountains for a DC get-together????

YES
6 (25%)
NO
9 (37.5%)
NOT SURE
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: September 12, 2006, 01:36 PM

Last post Author Topic: DC's "EVIL DEAD" Get Together  (Read 29262 times)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DC's "EVIL DEAD" Get Together
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Maybe someone can make a Cody UT skin

i've already offered to make a 3d model. i don't think an actual skin would look right - unless you have a model in mind that it would fit to.

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Yes, make a Cody UT character! Mouser can play him with the Hide & Seek mod and he can always be the seeker. ;) Either that or we make whoever is the seeker use the model. I like the idea of staying simple - making a full on DC mod/mutator would be cool, but is probably overkill for now. If we can even get a good amount of people into a UT game then we'll see if there's enough interest to keep going. :)

- Oshyan

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 04:51 PM »
AhAh... I wonder how we'll cover all the time fuses at DC ;)
(i guess mouser won't have any trouble, but for *normal* people it won't be easy :P)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 10:20 PM »
It's old and very inexpensive now, plus it will run on a wide variety of systems - maybe even App's old WinME box. ;)

That box can barely play solitaire without lagging.  :D

And I wouldn't want to play anything on 33.6k dialup, which is the only connection that pc can have.

But I do have the newer pc and DSL and I haven't been able to push it to its limits yet.

I still don't like shooter games...I am no good at them. I can't even play that stickman game. I had troubles with the training mode. :(

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2006, 06:16 AM »
That box can barely play solitaire without lagging.
UT used to run on my p133 with 64mb ram in software rendering mode :)

And I wouldn't want to play anything on 33.6k dialup, which is the only connection that pc can have.
Why don't you network it with your dsl computer? get a cheap router from ebay or something :)

But I do have the newer pc and DSL and I haven't been able to push it to its limits yet.

I doubt UT will push it anywhere near it's limit unless you use an insane resolution or something.

I still don't like shooter games...I am no good at them. I can't even play that stickman game. I had troubles with the training mode.
It doesn't HAVE to be shooting, like JavaJones mentioned, we could use a hide and seek mod. :)

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Why don't you network it with your dsl computer? get a cheap router from ebay or something

Woah, don't go there Gothi[c]. That machine has "special needs". :D

But yes we could (and maybe should?) play hide-and-seek or similar. I like the idea of us all running around together, but not having to shoot each other (although I'm good at and enjoy that too  8)). If we all hopped on Skype (or similar) we could voice chat too. :)

- Oshyan