ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats on your desktop?

<< < (25/40) > >>

Darwin:
Why is it, Ralf, that you insist on playing Eve to my Adam? My wife, whose alter-ego in this little analogy I'll leave to your imagination, will go ballisitic and cast me from the family home if I go out and buy a secondary (Note: not a tertiary or quaternary, but a lowly SECONDARY) monitor. Yet there you are, with your four monitor setup, parading it in front of me, saying "Go on. You know you want to".
-Darwin (October 28, 2007, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, Christmas is coming and TigerDirect is having a sale:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2841998&Sku=V18-1794

Tell your wife I said it's okay.  :-)
-Ralf Maximus (October 28, 2007, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Dirhael:
@Curt: Hehe, what can I say... I like pretty things ...(...)... if you'd like to see if there's something you'd like there, the url is: http://gallery.thesecondscreen.com/ -Dirhael (October 28, 2007, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have no idea what / who Penny-Arcadians is / are, but now I am a member!

- never the less I am not able to view any full sized pictures!???
>
The image cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. -Firefox
--- End quote ---
The program cannot display this page-Internet Explorwer 7
--- End quote ---

The Second Screen sure have some nice wall papers,  :-*
but to me they have so far been thumb nails only.

The large "Gallery" link at the top of the page wasn't obvious enough? -Dirhael (October 28, 2007, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

- I found the gallery, but no full sized pictures. What am I missing?

I had no problems viewing your screenshots in "Guide: Visual Styles".
-Curt (October 28, 2007, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wait, what? Never heard of such a problem with the gallery before... I don't really see how that is even possible, as am really just passing the image straight to your browser, so the problem is not on the server side...though, is it possible that you are running some security software that messes with the headers somehow...?

In any case, I rewrote the part responsible for passing the fullsized image to your browser and also changed the header somewhat, so please try again :)

EDIT: Oh and "Penny-Arcadians" are members of the Penny Arcade forums :)

Curt:
Thanks for trying, Dirhael. Sadly it didn't improve anything in my end of the line. Maybe I some time ago told some program not to accept web redirections - I am not sure. I have no problem downloading all sorts of pictures from elsewhere! Second Screen is added to Trusted. But you are storing all these pictures somewhere else, arn't you? I think you are, because Aaron's WebVacuum found thumbs only, at the 2'nd Screen site. If so, can you supply the store's address?

Whats on your desktop?
Whats on your desktop?
Whats on your desktop?

I've just spend an hour at Penny Arcade's forum's Wallpaper section. You have some gifted guys in the crowd. After some time I also found a few things that I liked.

Dirhael:
Strange... I just don't get why the images won't show up for you. It really shouldn't be possible for it to fail, at least server-side. That said, I added an alternative "Download" link to the gallery today so you could try using that instead :)

Ralf Maximus:
Forgot to mention: a GREAT source for free wallpapers is DeviantArt:
http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/wallpaper/?order=9&alltime=yes

This is one of the few sites I've been able to find multi-monitor wallpapers that don't suck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version