ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats on your desktop?

<< < (14/40) > >>

masu:
@ Dirhael, you simply HAVE to tell how you made this "teaser", wow, it is looking good!
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Curt (September 19, 2007, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, what I've used is a tiny freeware application called Rumshot.

Program: Download from Fileforum
   Theme pack: Download from Shellscape

I think the project is abandoned by now, but it works just fine in both XP and Vista so it doesn't really matter. It even got a built-in "take screenshot and upload to FTP" function which is nice :)
-Dirhael (September 19, 2007, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for your hint.
your iamge looks really good!! :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
I dont like how dialogs that pop up centered are split between the displays, anyone know how to fix that?
-Tekzel (September 29, 2007, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
How exactly are you splitting monitor signal?

If windows identifies your system as having 2 monitors, the taskbar should only be on the first mon and all windows would appear centered on the first monitor.

Tekzel:
I dont like how dialogs that pop up centered are split between the displays, anyone know how to fix that?
-Tekzel (September 29, 2007, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
How exactly are you splitting monitor signal?

If windows identifies your system as having 2 monitors, the taskbar should only be on the first mon and all windows would appear centered on the first monitor.
-jgpaiva (September 30, 2007, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am using an nVidia Geforce 7800GT video card with two dvi connectors.  The nVidia software lets you choose several modes, two of which are dualview which works the way you mentioned, and the other is span.  This is the one I am playing around with, the monitors are combined into one single wide desktop.  The problem I am finding with this is centered dialogs go to the center of the virtual display, half on each monitor.  So far, haven't found a solution to this issue yet.

jgpaiva:
I see, tekzel!
What i don't understand, tekzel, is what are the advantages of using the "span" mode.

Here's a solution:
<shaaaaameless plug>
Use DialogMove, which moves the new dialogs that come up to your mouse position ;)
</shameless plug>

Curt:
I use Dialog Move and is happy with it. No need to be a shame  :up: - the only problem I have found is that some info windows which really shouldn't move, also are moving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version