ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats on your desktop?

<< < (32/40) > >>

mouser:
That's pretty cool wreckedcarrz, you might have a future in art.

Curt:
I have taken up using the HDR goodies from Flickr, for my desktop wallpapers and screensavers.
Here it is a stunning Country Lake, 1255x855, 1.3MB, by Sergio Parisi
- to be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/parisiphoto/2673568895/

It is one of the most beautiful images I have ever seen; it somehow makes me  longing...
- kind of "how I wish my childhood had been..."

Whats on your desktop?

Carol Haynes:
Cracking images (check out all his other stuff too!)

wreckedcarzz:
I have HDR rendering in my games, not sure if that is the same thing as what Curt mentioned, but if it is then I can also say that it makes a huge difference in the way images look. I have quite a few desktop wallpapers in my game screenshot collection that I use, and all of them have HDR lighting in them. You really notice the difference.

Also, an update to my desktop - I don't show icons much anymore due to my shoving programming stuff all over the desktop, so all I have is my ObjectDock Pro (awaiting the next version of CircleDock!) and the taskbar.

The background is an edited screenshot of my (favorite) game, Project Torque. I was drifting in my Subaru and decided to make an ad out of the thing based on the new TV commercials (I love the car, it really is fun to drive, regardless of being "simulated").

(The PNG was over 2.2 some odd MB, hence the JPG image format)

EDIT: That image does have HDR in it, although a bit hard to notice due to the effect wearing off with time (as to simulate the human eye adjusting to light).

EDIT 2: I need to post my Xubuntu desktop too, don't I? :)

y0himba:
Whats on your desktop?
(Click for 1440x900)

----------------
Listening to: Eve & Fatboy Slim - Cowboy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version