@ Dirhael - your desktop is high class!
Would tell which apps are behind the various buttons and effects, please?
As you requested, here's a breakdown of the components that make up my desktop:
1. The visual style is a modified version of the default Vista Aero theme. I just didn't like the start "orb" so I used Restorator 2007
to edit it. I didn't start out with a unmodified theme though, I used this editied version
as a base. The reason for this is that this mod have modified the taskbar to a reasonable size, instead of the oversized fat thing Microsoft shipped. As for using custom themes, you can either patch the dll files that's responsible for the visual styles
(free), or if you'd like something non-permanent you could check out TuneUp Utilities 2007
2. The cover art etc. in the lower left corner is the excellent freeware application CD Art Display
(works with most players). As for the looks for it, I'm using the Celluloid Enthusiast
3. The dock I'm using is Stardocks Objectdock
(free and commercial "+" version available), along with my own dock icons (just a quick PS job using the "Trajan Pro" font) and the Konfabulator Glass
background theme (don't remember where I got it from, so I've uploaded it to one of my servers).
4. The playback controls in the upper right is True Launch Bar
(highly recommended!) with the Media Control Plugin
and a skin called "Come Out". Once again, I don't recall where I got the skin so I've uploaded that to my server as well
5. The wallpaper is a beautiful vector called "Facing Life
" (yes, it's Adriana Lima
) by someone calling himself "snir
" over at deviantart.
If I've forgotten anything, let me know and I'll update my post!