ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

looking for a simple windows app to track time

(1/3) > >>

eleman:
I'm looking for a simple time tracker for windows. All I'm asking for is something to let me know how much time I spent in a software I'll specify (it will be Trados translation software). By looking at that figure I'll be able to assess how badly I procrastinated during the day.

I checked a few time tracker applications, but most are really huge behemoths, some weighing 60+ MB for an installer. They are titanic-scale tools when all I need is a small rubber boat. I don't want to issue invoices. I don't want to use it as a team. I don't want to print reports for the past 5 years... All I want is to see how many hours I spent on Trados since I woke up in the morning.

I even thought about programming something in autohotkey but couldn't think of an algorithm to do so.

Have you seen any such tiny and crude time tracker?

x16wda:
This is low tech, but if you can click a button when you start or stop your sessions, then WatchMe might work. If you want something automatic then this won't do it.

eleman:
I'd rather have the app track my time automatically. I'm likely to forget pressing the timer button.

I found an application called ActivityWatch. It is still overkill but it is the simplest yet automatic time tracker I was able to find.

I hate creeping featuritis. I really do.

Anyway, if you know about something even simpler, any advice will be appreciated.

Shades:
ManicTimer

Runs in the background and shows you (at any given moment) an overview of applications that were open that day, till that moment and how much time you spent inside these applications. It is overkill for what you want, but it is also not huge in size and, more importantly, a "set-'n-forget"-kind of solution. You can get your overview in the shape of a bar graph or numbers, whatever you prefer.

It comes in 3 flavors, the free one is the most limited, but that would be most ideal here.

Ennovy:
I used ProcrastiTracker: http://strlen.com/procrastitracker/

It's an automated time tracker

At the end of the day you can filter your data

The setup is only 400 KB and it's freeware

More info about the programmer: http://strlen.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version