Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 01, 2014, 05:32:30 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Problem turning off auto start  (Read 3474 times)
Chris
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 04, 2005, 01:57:42 AM »

Hi

I want to turn of "start with Windows". I do this from the options menu, but it always turn itself on!

How does one turn it off?

What is the line in the ini file?

Thanks

Chris
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 02:27:07 AM »

hi chris, are you using the latest version 1.05.12?
this was an issue in older versions but i thought it was fixed in the recent builds.

essentially f&r tries to be clever and auto-detect the "start with windows" option by looking in the start menu -> startup directory, and setting and removing the entry there.

so a failure to disable means that its not successful in removing that entry.
to manually remove, just click on your start menu, go to "Programs' -> "Startup" and delete the entry for "Find&Run Robot"
kfitting
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 08:21:57 AM »

I have been having a weird bug lately.  After a number of startups, FindRun seems to replace the tray startup with the non tray startup.  I have no idea why this is happening and I have no way to reproduce the error!  It's happened a few times now and it's fine after deleting the start menu item and then rechecking auto start in FindRun.  This is less of a bug report and more of a "keep your eyes open."  Like I said, I have no idea how this happens and I cant reproduce it.  Anyone else having this?  If not, I wouldnt worry about it too much... just keep it on the back burner!

Kevin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 09:07:29 AM »

it sounds like i need to revisit the startup checking and writing code, maybe move to storing startup trigger in registry which would be a lot simpler and less prone to these issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.16 ]