topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: HTML Webpage to show slides; e.g. <video ...> <source ...> ... </video>  (Read 4353 times)

OptimalDesigns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
  • (retired) Mathematical Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Calculus (level) Problem Solving; Examples & Compiler
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I have some HTML code to present a MP4 video file as follows:
Code: HTML5 [Select]
  1. <center><video width="360" height="240" controls>
  2.   <source src="http://goal-driven.net/... Coding.mp4" type="video/mp4">
  3.   <source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg">
  4.   Your browser does not support the video tag.
  5. </video></center>

It works fine.  Now, because of filesize getting so large, I'm seeking a way to present a slideshow that is in a EXE or SCR file format.  Have tried the following with no luck!

Code: HTML5 [Select]
  1. <center><video width="360" height="240" controls>
  2.   <source src="http://goal-driven.net/ ... Coding.scr" type="video/mp4">  ! no go!!
  3.   <source src="http://goal-driven.net/ ... Coding.exe" type="video/mp4">  ! no go either!!
  4. </video></center>

I've tried finding a convert program from EXE to MP4 with no luck here too.  Suggestions?

Phil
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:56 PM by Deozaan, Reason: improved formatting »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
scr is just an exe file with a different extension.
and exe files are executable, there is no universal way to convert them.
however, it is very unlikely that the exe itself has video or image files embedded in it. there is probably a directory of images or video somewhere else on your disk the the program installs and loads.
(this is assuming of course that the screensaver/exe is showing video or images and not dynamic graphics).

OptimalDesigns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's slide show create by me using IrfanView s/w.  Either EXE or SCR run fine on my local PC.  How to upload them for web visitors to view them?  I presently have MP4 files that are HUGE but work okay.  The EXE/SCR file are 1/400th the size!  Nice and do the job.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
I see, let me, does the slide show have transitions that move the images during transitions, or is is just a solid image appears and then eventually switches to another one without any transition (fade, slide, etc.).
If this is the case, you should be able to find some mp4 or other video codec that compresses it well.
But if you have transitions between the images, then any video format you use is likely to result in a significantly bigger file.

In that case (or if you just want a more flexible and efficient and less burdensome for the users approach) your solution would be to find an html/javascript script designed to run the slideshow that you can upload with your images.
In this case, the html/javascript will be serving the same function as irfanview does on your local pc.

OptimalDesigns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I see, let me, does the slide show have transitions that move the images during transitions, or is is just a solid image appears and then eventually switches to another one without any transition (fade, slide, etc.).
If this is the case, you should be able to find some mp4 or other video codec that compresses it well.
Solid ... no transitions ... exe shows Page 1 ... waits ... then Page 2 ... etc.

Have searched for a convert from EXE to MP4 formats ... no luck so far.  Ideas?