topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Microsoft reveals all of the things that it removed from Chromium for Edge  (Read 2994 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Microsoft just released preview versions of its Chromium-powered Edge browser today. If you’ve downloaded it to test it, you’ve probably noticed it’s very stable and performs surprisingly well. It even performs better than Google’s own Chrome browser on Windows 10, despite being built on the same Chromium open-source project. While it’s early days for Microsoft’s new Edge, the company has revealed all of the Google services it has replaced or removed from its new Chromium-powered browser to optimize performance.

Microsoft has removed or replaced more than 50 of Google’s services that come as part of Chromium, including things like ad blocking, Google Now, Google Cloud Messaging, and Chrome OS-related services.

More at link: https://www.theverge...hromium-edge-browser

I'm actually looking forward to trying it out.  I haven't been able to get past the middle-click problem in Brave, and Vivaldi seems to be slower than it used to be, so I'm back to Chrome.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Google Chrome has built-in ad blocking? :huh:

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Google Chrome has built-in ad blocking? :huh:

Who knew, right?  I'm not sure if there was some sort of Chrome hooks in there for that or something.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
I've been using it for the past few hours and it working well! I may switch  8)