ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[Request] - Multilingual Word Counter / Spoken Word Timer [Tray Utility]

(1/5) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Request:

A multilingual word counter and spoken word timer.

Must be:
    • Silent (Sits in the tray when not being used)
    • Called from shortcut keys outside of the software
    • Multilingual

The Problem To Be Solved:

I find myself always having to pay strict attention to word counts.  I need a utility that will be able to take clipboard content (text only), and output the word count and/or spoken word timer (how long it would take to speak that amount of text, including breathing time, at a typical spoken word speed).

I won't always want to have to manually paste text into Notepad++ or Word or whatever, in order to get a word count (sometimes I need to be able to select text blocks from documents such as PDFs), so having something to universally monitor my clipboard would be super useful.

The requirement for the utility to be multilingual is because a lot of what I am checking is in English and Italian.  So with that in mind, only being able to check the spoken time in English would become rather limiting for me.

A Picture Paints A Thousand Words:

Thanks in Advance,

-Stephen

publicdomain:
Hello Stephen, I can take this.

The requirement for the utility to be multilingual is because a lot of what I am checking is in English and Italian.  So with that in mind, only being able to check the spoken time in English would become rather limiting for me.
--- End quote ---

What do you mean by "SPEAKING TIME"?

This is the only part needing a bit of an explanation. I have a separate word counter for each language in mind, but would appreciate clarification.

Cheers!
Vic

KynloStephen66515:
I forgot about this topic lol

I mean "How long it would take to literally speak this segmentr of text, at an average native speaking rate (possibly variable)"

-Stephen

publicdomain:
I mean "How long it would take to literally speak this segmentr of text, at an average native speaking rate (possibly variable)"
-Stephen66515 (September 11, 2019, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Super! That's a very clear definition :Thmbsup:

I'm taking it as soon as the Random Sounds App is done.

publicdomain:
Okie! Let's begin coding this release! :up:

Do you have any config GUI in mind? Should I go "free style" on user interface? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version