Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 05:21:51 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Smart Rabbit Computer Buddy Gadget  (Read 4908 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:46:12 AM »

The Nabaztag Smart Rabbit from Violet is a Hello Kitty-like "smart object" connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. The high-tech bunny is linked to the Nabaztag Web site and lights up and/or wiggles its ears to convey various data drawn from the Net. It can also be programmed to read RSS feeds, e-mails and text messages out loud. Owners set preferences for which items they'd like read. The rabbit can also play MP3s, voicemail messages (only in France), and Nabcasts--podcasts recorded by members of the Nabaztag community.

JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 01:08:14 PM »

Does anyone here ever buy this kind of thing? I want to know what kind of person actually spends money on and even potentially uses these. cheesy

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:35:49 PM »

i like the idea of a little creature who lights up when i have email and turns mad when its spam.
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 01:43:22 PM »

lol, fair enough. But would you buy it?

- Oshyan

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 01:45:48 PM »

i guess it would depend on the price and how plaintively he was staring at me in the store.
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »

Well, it's $150 dollars and only available in stores in Europe (you can buy it in the US online) so the only way it can stare at you is on the 'net. So what say you? http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8301/ tongue

- Oshyan

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 02:25:28 PM »

for $150 i'll buy a real rabbit and train him to check my email.
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 04:11:59 PM »

Exaaactly. As a bonus a properly trained rabbit could probably check your postal mail too. Wink

- Oshyan

Baseman
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 01:34:46 PM »

For that price I would expect him to make me a cuppa as well lol...Besides Rabbit wouldn't last long around here my dogs would attack it...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 01:50:40 PM by Baseman » Logged

GetBackData...Security Awareness...Beta Tester
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.14 ]