ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

"Custom File Explorer" option...

(1/6) > >>

lanux128:
just curious about this option: Custom File Explorer. since F+rr can't search for folders yet, i was wondering what is the use for it. is it there, in case, for future implementation of folder search?

mouser:
it's not as complicated as you think; it basically just says to launch an alternative file explorer like directory opus, or explorer^2 or powerdesk, instead of the built in windows explorer, if you ever ask to open a folder, etc.

lanux128:
hmm.. i think i get it. this option is used whenever i right-click on an item in the search result, and choose either "Explore here" and "Explore at linked location".

however, it doesn't works for me because i use Servant Salamander which requires that folders are sent to the Exe as a command line parameter. so what's the string variable for an item in F+rr's search results (e.g. %s or %d).

Command line parameters of Salamand.exe
You can specify current directories in panels after execution of Servant Salamander. These directories can be passed to Salamand.exe as first and second command line parameter. So 'Salamand.exe "C:\Program Files" D:\' will execute Servant Salamander with "C:\Program Files" in the left panel and "D:\" in the right panel.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
it knows to pass the folder on the commandline so no need for the $$1

lanux128:
it knows to pass the folder on the commandline so no need for the $$1-mouser (August 10, 2006, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
but unfortunately, in salamander's case, it doesn't work... :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version