topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: LBC - Loop Send Keys  (Read 4957 times)

slc7

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
LBC - Loop Send Keys
« on: May 13, 2018, 06:00 AM »
hi all,

is there any way to loop send keys

(%06){DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}

for example ,  I would like to loop the {DOWN} x 10

or else i have to type it out as above

I am trying to use the down arrow to go down in a menu

thank you
 :)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: LBC - Loop Send Keys
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 04:33 AM »
Hold down the down arrow key until the cursor gets to where you want. You don't need to keep pressing/depressing the arrow key.
Alternatively, If it's an LBC drop-down menu list, then just type the first letter of the name in the list (e.g., "S") and the cursor will jump to the first occurrence. Pressing "S" again will jump to the next line beginning with "S", etc.
Otherwise, you could use an AutoHotkey script, I suppose, but it would seem kinda pointless (forgive the pun).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:43 AM by IainB »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 11:34 AM »
slc is talking about the advanced SendKeys feature of LBC that lets you tell LBC to send some hotkeys to an app.

I don't think there is a way in the SendKeys syntax to do what you want; the best approach if you want to do more complicated sending of keys to target windows or other applications is maybe go grab AutoHotKey and instead of using SendKeys from LBC, have LBC run an ahk script that can do more complicated stuff.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 01:20 PM »
I would like to loop the {DOWN} x 10
You could run my tool WinSendKeys, that is created in, and supports, the AutoIt3 syntax, like {DOWN 10} to repeat the {DOWN} keystroke 10 times (might need surrounding quotes when used on a command-line). It also has options to direct the keystrokes to a specific window or application, read keystrokes from a (script)file, execute mouse clicks and moves, and a whole plethora of related stuff.
Haven't tried myself to start it from LBC, as I'm not an LBC user, but it is designed for tasks like that.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 04:43 AM »
@mouser:
slc is talking about the advanced SendKeys feature of LBC that lets you tell LBC to send some hotkeys to an app. ...
OIC. That makes sense. I had completely misunderstood: "I am trying to use the down arrow to go down in a menu."