ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Should we add graphics (and other) challenges to the self-teaching school?

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
The programming school section of our forum (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=77.0) let's people learn at their own pace by proceeding through a ladder of increasingly difficult assignments.

It has been suggested that we extend this perhaps to include things like lessons in photoshop or graphics techniques in general.
It could also be extended to include audio processing, math, etc.

Are people interested in this?  Is anyone willing to volunteer to make up assignments for such sections? What sections should we add?

mouser:
one of the nice things about this section is that it really doesnt require much work to maintain it; people just tackle the assignments on their own and its not like anyone has to actively be there to teach them, so it's not a big commitment.  it's just a matter of thinking up some assignments.  the only real downside is whether people wouldn't be better off being just pointed to some serious website devoted to learning graphics techniques, etc.

app103:
Unless it can be specifically geared towards something programming related with graphics, to me it would seem to be out of place....

About as out of place as adding crochet lessons. (even though reading/writting some types of patterns can be like asm code)

btw...if you add crochet, that section is MINE!   ;D

nudone:
i don't really see the point unless it was offering something that cannot be found elsewhere.

perhaps offerring lessons in how to use 'free' or 'cheap' software would be more appropriate: things like the 'gimp' and 'audacity'.

i've not used the gimp for more than five minutes but i'd (probably) have a go at making a few lessons in how to use it if enough people were interested - but i'm sure there will be places that already do this(?)

TucknDar:
agree with nudone. I'd love some Gimp assignments. How about an assignment to create Cody (in different habitats/settings?)? Or would that infringe on nudones Cody copyright?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version