ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scripting to be added to Screenshot Captor

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
I have decided to add a scripting facility to Screenshot Captor.

This will let you define any number of scripts which can be triggered manually or automatically, that do various operations.
You will be able to define a script to do bordering, cropping, shadows, rename, save, etc., as well as launch other programs with the file (ftp, mail, etc.).

This is just a heads up, i'm not starting work on it yet, i still have FARR 2 which will be done before this.  It's just a heads up for people who want to add suggestions related to this, and so there is time to debate about this new feature.  I havent decided whether to use an existing language like lua or python, or go some other route.

AbteriX:
I have decided to add a scripting facility to Screenshot Captor.-mouser (August 10, 2006, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Fine.

It's just a heads up for people who want to add suggestions related to this,
and so there is time to debate about this new feature.-mouser
--- End quote ---
I like to see a few (~3 or 5) "quick launch buttons" to execute a few preferred scripts.
Or an drop-down box: click on the arrow - hoover the mouse over an script name and click it.

I havent decided whether to use an existing language like lua or python, or go some other route.-mouser
--- End quote ---
Must i install smtg for this? Why not VBS?

f0dder:
LUA, most definitely. Very low overhead (size as well as speed), great license, pretty familiar to people who know C/C++.

And of course the "if it works for them, it'll work for you factor" - LUA is used in a lot of places now. First two things off top of my head would be World of Warcraft and Painkiller.

mouser:
i am not that fond of lua.  but i might try squirrel.

f0dder:
i am not that fond of lua.  but i might try squirrel.
-mouser (August 10, 2006, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
:)

It's "tried and tested" though, and has a couple advantages over Python (more C-like, less overhead).The key to comfortable LUA scripting is adding decent bindings.

Squirrel looks interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version