ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Turbo C and Turbo Pascal are back!!

<< < (4/5) > >>

app103:
new? scary?

They have been giving away IDE's longer than Microsoft...and always making you jump through hoops by making you get an account, answer survey questions, wait for an email, confirm this, confirm that...then you get your key...and if you are lucky you might be able to find the software to use it with somewhere...maybe in Poland?

f0dder:
I'm not jumping on this...

but WHOA, Jibz made an appearance :P

Carol Haynes:
Actually I was impressed with the speed of their servers (given the hammering they are likely to be taking at the moment). They are huge files and my downloads took on average about 12-15 minutes per file. The only one that caused problems was C++ - the HTTP version seemed to collapse after about 14Mb but the FTP version worked fine.

I already have a Borland Registration (having gone through the hoops previously) so all I did was enter my email address and password and then it was simplicity - click on the product, confirm the email address (click), and a reg. file was sent (just save it in your user profile folder C:\Documents and Settings\username) and click on the two downloads.

Note if you want to download more than one product the prerequisite zip file is the same for all Turbos.

I am not quite sure why you need to install .Net for the non-.Net products though.

housetier:
They have been giving away IDE's longer than Microsoft...and always making you jump through hoops by making you get an account, answer survey questions, wait for an email, confirm this, confirm that...then you get your key...and if you are lucky you might be able to find the software to use it with somewhere...maybe in Poland?
-app103 (September 05, 2006, 04:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

HAHAHAHA well put!  :P

It sometimes is strange how much you have to go through to get a product. One would think they are more interested in spreading their product than keeping visitors on their multiple websites and ftp servers. But then, I don't really know what software distribution on this scale is like...

mouser:
ok app you might have a point :)
but the turbo thing is new to them and this is their first day of it being live.

Review at PC Magazine:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2011448,00.asp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version