ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

some useful but less-known software. share your list!!!

<< < (8/43) > >>

BGM:
chashnniel mentioned PowerPro - I want to add here that I've been using this program for years.  The authour still makes regular updates, and there is a yahoo group with great support.  I do most of my computer manipulation in Autohotkey, but Powerpro provides a very easy way to create toolbars to do anything.  It scripts alot like powerpro and you can do very advanced scripting with it.

My main use of it these days is to provide me with a completely configurable toolbar that sits on the top of my primary screen.  It has custom dropdown menus to run programs, launch system panels and do just about anything else.  I use it to run autohotkey scripts, too. 

Powerpro is alot like autohotkey except that it has it's own guis.  I used to use it a lot more, but now I prefer authotkey for most things.  Still, it is unbeatable for it's custom toolbars.

Target:
maybe I'm nitpicking, but if anyones adding to the list can they please add something more than just a name + link. 

In a lot of cases the name is a clue as to what the program does, but I'm probably not alone in being wary of clicking on an unqualified link to find out whats on the end of it

Not suggesting for a minute that anyone here would consciously do anything risky, but still...

wraith808:
maybe I'm nitpicking, but if anyones adding to the list can they please add something more than just a name + link. 

In a lot of cases the name is a clue as to what the program does, but I'm probably not alone in being wary of clicking on an unqualified link to find out whats on the end of it

Not suggesting for a minute that anyone here would consciously do anything risky, but still...
-Target (February 05, 2019, 09:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not even just the risk, but the time taken to even find out what something is.  A lot of it isn't self-evident, so I find myself skipping over things without a description.

panzer:
Daphne:
http://www.drk.com.ar/daphne.php

chashnniel:
[ Invalid Attachment ]Powerpro is alot like autohotkey except that it has it's own guis.  I used to use it a lot more, but now I prefer authotkey for most things.  Still, it is unbeatable for it's custom toolbars.
-BGM (February 05, 2019, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

if you have interest in custom toolbars, you should try my recommendation Quick Macro(free trail  ;)).
I'm not a PowerPro advanced user, and i have a lot of wonderful AHK scripts, but sometimes i find QM is really useful and powerful. It can handle almost everything!!!

quick macro demo
(this is a really really short tutorial)
1. paint
tens of steps to one
2. media player
mysql, database, ftp sever, HTML, foldermenu, mouse record, windows API, dialog, script.......much much much more actually everything!
thanks for Gintaras's free license code!!!

of course a short description always should be added in ur list :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version