topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Deal on Writing Software  (Read 7379 times)

wraith808

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Deal on Writing Software
« on: November 28, 2017, 03:44 PM »
I finished my NaNoWriMo efforts even though I have a lot going on... quite the accomplishment if I do say so.

I have a couple of winner coupons for useful software that I already have:

Scrivener and Scapple 50% off (The code won't be there until 12/1, but if you're interested, feel free to PM me now and I'll send it to when available)
Aeon Timeline 2 - The code is available now for 30% off.

PM me, and first come gets it... you have to be an active member of the forum to be eligible.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Deal on Writing Software
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 04:24 PM »
I finished my NaNoWriMo efforts even though I have a lot going on.

Congratulations!! Are you going to share your novel with us?  At least tell us about it and about your experience with NaNoWriMo.

wraith808

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 05:41 PM »
Congratulations!! Are you going to share your novel with us?  At least tell us about it and about your experience with NaNoWriMo.

It's terrible, and I know it's terrible.  Towards the end, because of my job and work on a contract, I was just throwing words at the page.  In the beginning, when I was fresh, and everything seemed like it was coming together, I wrote a lot.  Then there was the week or so when I didn't write anything.  And even now, I'm working under an impossible deadline at work, while working on something for a client.  I'd say I'm going back to edit and revise... but I never do.  But there is an imperative that I don't have the rest of the year, and it helps me to carry that over for other writing.  I look at it as a way to push myself, and energize myself for other works.

rail4you

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 03:44 AM »
I have sent you a message as soon as I saw the post. Today it is 12/1, is the Scrivener coupon ready? I just can't wait to buy it.

I joined the forum in 2006 and I read the posts in rss mainly. English is not my native lanuage so I didn't have many posts but I am really an active member in about 10 years.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 04:29 AM »
It's a great achievement to complete by the deadline. I have never even contemplated the possibility of attempting it. Agree about the enabling effect of disabling the permanent quality control editor sitting over your writing mind; not that I have ever found such a switch myself  :-[

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 05:06 AM »
What dormouse said.