ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Refurbished or used internal hard disks 3½ 6TB-12TB

<< < (5/6) > >>

4wd:
Ejem. What do you think about this ?-Contro (February 09, 2019, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-in-1-USB-3-0-Type-C-USB-Micro-USB-SD-TF-Memory-Card-Reader-OTG-Adapter-Cool/264013985876

I have one, USB, USB C, and Micro-B - put your own uSD card in or plug in a normal flash drive, USB HDD, etc.

Contro:
Ejem. What do you think about this ?-Contro (February 09, 2019, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-in-1-USB-3-0-Type-C-USB-Micro-USB-SD-TF-Memory-Card-Reader-OTG-Adapter-Cool/264013985876

I have one, USB, USB C, and Micro-B - put your own uSD card in or plug in a normal flash drive, USB HDD, etc.
-4wd (February 09, 2019, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is a wonderful adapter !!!!!. But the usb-otg pendrive I propose have 256 GB storage !!!!!! for a minimum price !!!!4 :o

4wd:
But the usb-otg pendrive I propose have 256 GB storage !!!!!! for a minimum price !!!!4 :o-Contro (February 11, 2019, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's also a no name brand selling for less than 10% of the cost of a trusted well known brand name 256GB USB 3.0 flash drive.

The words "too good to be true" come to mind.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

At the moment it looks like the cheapest possible storage option at the cost of your data.

As someone who is rather fatalistic when it comes to my own data, (ie. Shit happens), there are some roads even I won't travel down in the pursuit of cheap storage.

Contro:
But the usb-otg pendrive I propose have 256 GB storage !!!!!! for a minimum price !!!!4 :o-Contro (February 11, 2019, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's also a no name brand selling for less than 10% of the cost of a trusted well known brand name 256GB USB 3.0 flash drive.

The words "too good to be true" come to mind.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

At the moment it looks like the cheapest possible storage option at the cost of your data.

As someone who is rather fatalistic when it comes to my own data, (ie. Shit happens), there are some roads even I won't travel down in the pursuit of cheap storage.
-4wd (February 11, 2019, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know I know, but really helpful will be take in consideration the technical features.

By example :
This article - independent of the fabricant - is not good for these technical reasons. Inadequate velocity, no warrants or garanties, and so on. IN this way I can make my own opinion, but not only because is an unknown maker....

:-*

4wd:
Warranties & Guarantees - They are an indication of the faith manufacturers have in their product, that's all.  They mean close to, or absolutely, zero when it comes to your data.

SSDs sold on Chinese retail/wholesale sites are cheap for a reason, they frequently use sub-standard components, are DRAM-less (slow), QC is questionable, and you have little to zero chance of getting any rectification under warranty in a decent time frame, (if at all) ... but ... they are cheap, fast read storage for data you don't care about and as such they have their place if you recognise them as such.

Just a note here: I have nothing against these Chinese sites, most of my stuff comes from them but you have to know what you are getting and set your expectations accordingly, (mine are non-existent).
As I said, I have a few of these cheap SSDs and they're great as a fast USB drive, game drive, or anywhere else I don't care what happens to the data, (even though I just installed one in a security NVR).

If you want known reliability, (and a warranty that might actually mean something), then you basically need to purchase brand name products from Samsung EVO, SanDisk Ultra, WD Blue, Kingston, Crucial MX, Seagate , Toshiba, etc - if all you are interested in is specs then look at what they offer to see what you should be looking for.

1TB Samsung EVO or QVO SSDs can now be had for <AU$200 (~US$140) if you look around - your main problem is you live on an island and I would think that shipping costs are going to be a big factor in any decent SSD/HDD you buy online or locally.

DRAM-less SSDs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version