ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Possible Malware Debug - HW laptop back-light detector

<< < (5/10) > >>

4wd:
I thought people were trying to argue that the hardware itself was doing it, not the drivers.-Asudem (January 01, 2019, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Due to the "murkiness" of the original post, eg. "powered down" as opposed to Windows turning the display off.  ;)

First step should still be remove all peripherals, mice, RF transceivers, external HDDs, etc, etc - so we'll see what happens.

That's why I created this thread and hoped some sort of ProcMon like software existed or could exist, to diagnose this issue.
--- End quote ---

There's also Sysmon which will log to the Event Log.

Asudem:
I thought people were trying to argue that the hardware itself was doing it, not the drivers.-Asudem (January 01, 2019, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Due to the "murkiness" of the original post, eg. "powered down" as opposed to Windows turning the display off.  ;)

First step should still be remove all peripherals, mice, RF transceivers, external HDDs, etc, etc - so we'll see what happens.

That's why I created this thread and hoped some sort of ProcMon like software existed or could exist, to diagnose this issue.
--- End quote ---

There's also Sysmon which will log to the Event Log.
-4wd (January 02, 2019, 12:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I will be doing this, and also using a NANY 2019 app from Mouser! Gonna let it run all night!

4wd:
How to check monitor state

Possible take the code, loop it every minute with the result being output to a text file with a timestamp - this might enable you to narrow down any possible culprit in Eventlog, etc.

Asudem:
Ooooh, fancy that! Nice find, thanks much!  :Thmbsup:

EDIT: It's nearly 3am and I just want this batch processing to finish so I can disconnect everything. The Laptop Buyers Remorse is really real tonight folks...

EDIT2: I didn't sleep, and no, it never turned on. I guess I'll try again before I actually fall asleep.

Asudem:
It just turned itself on again by itself this morning. I don't think there's a possible way to diagnose this according to you guys other than blaming drivers or peripherals.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version