topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Licensing advise  (Read 3829 times)

marrian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Licensing advise
« on: November 17, 2018, 05:33 AM »
I have a Lifetime Universal Deluxe Licence. Am I allowed to run the program on my laptop as well as my desktop?

Thanks for the advice

Best wishes - Anthony

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Licensing advise
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 05:54 AM »
Never heard of that type of license before. And without the name of the software and or company that gives out these licenses, there is not much to tell.

So generally speaking:  If the license tells you that you are allowed to do so, then yes. Licenses that allow for software to be installed on more than one computer make this very clear. Those are also the exception to the rule. Most licenses only allow the software to be installed on one computer at any given time. So, to err on the side of caution: No, you are not allowed to to install the software with that license on more than one computer.

However, if you want to throw caution into the wind, install the software on your laptop as well. If you are lucky, the software will not complain about the license being used twice. And if you are unlucky, it will. Please note that I say your laptop. That implies you are the owner of both the computer and laptop, so not a laptop that is provided to you because of your job.

Lots of text to say that that you should read the provided license more thoroughly, or give us more information about the software and/or company that gives out this weirdly named license.

marrian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Licensing advice
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 06:01 AM »
Apologies: it's Screenshot Captor. I came to the forum via their Help menu and didn't realise that it wasn't program-specific. I'll see if I can find the licence. Actually, I try to support DonationCoder so I think I'll just buy another licence. (Yes, it is my laptop). I appreciate your reply.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Licensing advise
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 06:02 AM »
He's talking about Screenshot Captor.

The answer is: Yes, you can install and use Screenshot Captor on all of your computers.

We are very informal and flexible here.  You can use the same license key on all of your different computers, and your family computers, etc.
There are no network license checks, no checks for the number of installs, etc.

(It's only if you are a large company installing the software on lots of computers that we ask you to get a commercial license).

And thank you for your support of our site!  :-* :Thmbsup:

marrian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Licensing advice
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 08:30 AM »
A modest $25 on its way to you..

mouser

• First Author