topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Super-sized Newsletter for Jan 12, 2020 - Codename: Twenty Twenty  (Read 21035 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Super-sized Newsletter for Jan 12, 2020
"Codename: Twenty Twenty"

1. Newsletter Editorial

Greetings and welcome to another DonationCoder newsletter.  It's actually been a little over a year since the last newsletter.  In the last newsletter I reported on the results of our 2018 fundraiser, and we were celebrating the new website.  This last year has been a little quieter -- with the new website working great, and no justification for having another fundraiser.  However, I do have the results of our latest NANY event to report, lots of threads on the forum to highlight, and some new DonationCoder applications and updates to talk about.  Let's get started.

2. NANY 2020 - New Apps for the New Year

For the last 12 years on the DonationCoder site we have run a friendly event called "NANY" (New Apps for the New Year), where we invite forum visitors to help us celebrate the new year by releasing a new freeware program on the first day of the new year.  We typically get a variety of entries -- some are genuinely useful tools designed to be shared widely, and some are programming exercises for new users.  There's no winners or losers; all participants receive a free and fancy DonationCoder NANY Mug.  The 2020 entries are in and we've posted a long wrap-up describing them.

3. Mouser's Software Updates and Discussions

I've uploaded some updates to many of my large applications since the last newsletter, and released some new apps as well.

4. Threads about DonationCoder Apps

I've collected here a number of threads discussing questions, problems and feature requests on the forum for many of my applications.

5. Member Projects

We love to keep up with projects that our members are working on, and hearing what our forum members think of software they use.  If you're working on something interesting -- let us know!

6. Fun, Humor, Games, and Interesting Discoveries on the Web

Here's a collection of some interesting web discoveries, humorous videos, and games on the forum.

7. Developer's Corner

This section highlights some discussions that might be relevant for not just coders and developers, but also people interested in entrepreneurial issues.

8. Software Discussions

Just a roundup of some threads on our forum discussion specific programs, or which programs people prefer for performing specific tasks.

9. User-to-user Questions

A collection of threads where people are asking for assistance or advice, or just sharing their thoughts.  I've also thrown in some DonationCoder website related discussions into this section at the end.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Super-sized Newsletter for Jan 12, 2020 - Codename: Twenty Twenty
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 07:40 PM »
Wooooo!!! First newsletter for over a year!!!
 :D :D :D :D