ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Deskrule v2.0 beta featuring offline search catalog

<< < (4/6) > >>

tomos:
UI related:
until I found the 'Auto arrange' option for toolbars, I was having trouble when resizing the window -- the most important field i.e. the [Name] search field disappears on the right-hand side. In my opinion 'Auto arrange' should be enabled by default.

(Although I notice if enabled once, when I restart deskrule window, it displays correctly and can cope with resizing correctly.)

umeca74:
the mystery not finding files is probably explained because in screenshot #1 you are searching for infoQube in file contents (text inside file), and then you are searching for filenames. Be careful which box you use for your search conditions. Also, right click on a search toolbar and pick Autoarrange from the menu to tidy up the search boxes

regarding the "advanced search" tab, that's not showing when the advanced search panel is extended and fixed (docked). These tabs are there only for implementing the autohide mode. Perhaps this demo video will clear things up (it is from xplorer2 but it works the same)
https://www.zabkat.com/blog/wink/autohide.htm

tomos:
the mystery not finding files is probably explained because in screenshot #1 you are searching for infoQube in file contents (text inside file)
-umeca74 (December 09, 2018, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
sry, user error in that case
Be careful which box you use for your search conditions. Also, right click on a search toolbar and pick Autoarrange from the menu to tidy up the search boxes
-umeca74 (December 09, 2018, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
which reinforces my point that the layout should work better out of the box. If I resize the window I see this
Deskrule v2.0 beta featuring offline search catalog
Again, as said above, I now see the autoarrange, but the idea I needed to find something like that didnt occur to me.
I realise that UI may not have been your focus when looking for beta testers, but if we (new users) have trouble getting past the first post...

(I promise not to mention this point again.)

tomos:
Now, more important stuff:
I can confirm that my first external drive added does not work -- i.e. I can find nothing from that first import -- I am finding files from other imports so I'm presuming it's the import that didnt work.
Now I could try importing again which might solve the problem, but thought it might be of interest to try and figure out why it isn't working -- what do you recommend?

okay:
--------------------------
desktop rulez
---------------------------
Added 311430 files in the offline catalog
Now you can search for them even when the device isn't connected
Do you want to add another folder?
Yes   No   
If now search offline:
I add text used in multiple filenames to the [Name] field, the first field gets filled with [dr::catalog] and I get the voice message:
"Computer says no"
-tomos (December 05, 2018, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

(I did reimport a couple of folders from that drive, due to changed content -- these were the files that were found on further testing.)

umeca74:
I will fix the problem with resizing, if any rule boxes get squashed I will do an automatic rearranging.

it's hard to say why a particular import doesn't work whereas your others do!? What kind of searches are you trying? Did you add only basic information in the catalog or full properties + preview?

here's a tip: as a search path use "dr::catalog\XX" where XX is the number of the problematic import (as seen in MANAGE MEDIA dialog). Then do a basic search like having a ? in the filename box (will match any name). This will show you all files imported from this external storage. Is there anything found?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version