ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Deskrule v2.0 beta featuring offline search catalog

<< < (3/6) > >>

umeca74:
"computer says no" means that nothing can be found matching your search parameters :)

dr::catalog is the special "path" that tells deskrule to do a catalog search (as opposed to C:\windows or other regular search path). You either type it or use the catalog button next to the addressbar

tomos:
"computer says no" means that nothing can be found matching your search parameters
-umeca74 (December 06, 2018, 01:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
it is an odd way of phrasing it (I realise that's Microsoft's responsibility).
Why did it first work with voice and later just with an error message in the statusbar? I don't recall any error message in the statusbar when I got the voice message.

umeca74:
if you don't like deskrule's talking error messages, use OPTIONS toolbar button to turn it off

tomos:
if you don't like deskrule's talking error messages, use OPTIONS toolbar button to turn it off
-umeca74 (December 07, 2018, 02:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
thanks, no, I dont like it, but what bothered me most was that it was there -- and then it wasnt there -- this may well have been something to do with my system rather than deskrule. I cannot now reproduce that problem, and have disabled the voice.

tomos:
OK, there is a problem here, but I'm having trouble pinning it down:
very often when I search for stuff that I know is there - nothing is found. Eventually I can get it to work -- but when (1) I deleted the ini files and restart, the problem reoccurred. (2) I see the ini file has not been replaced (setting has been changed to Registry) and I notice that (3) there is no indication that deskrule is still running (nothing in the tray).

Screenshots:

(a) after ini file deleted

(b) after I clicked on advanced search and pressed return again (but unfortunately I unsure where the focus was)

edit// FWIW: screenshot (a) has two tabs -- advanced and detective; shot (b) has only detective. This confusing (I know I should RTM more and it may be explained). I cannot (intuitively) figure out how to get the advanced back. Again I know I should read up help looking in help I cannot find why advanced disappeared and just detective tab is there.

edit#2// re (1) above: when I delete the ini file again, it works as expected i.e. that's not reproducible...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version