ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Maxthon 2.0 Invitation

<< < (4/7) > >>

Baseman:
How do you compare Maxthon 2.0 to Firefox and IE...Speed,Security ect?...Any advice?...

masu:
Think the interface and speed are the most pros for Maxthon.

For security I think it is the same like FF or Opera if you have installed the latest IE patches.

Baseman:
Think the interface and speed are the most pros for Maxthon.

For security I think it is the same like FF or Opera if you have installed the latest IE patches.
-masu (August 06, 2006, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, it makes sense...

f0dder:
Hm, I think there's unpatched security holes for IE... so you need to basically disable java and javascript or manage your "secure zones" pretty well. Maxthon (and Avant) do seem to incorporate a bit of extra security, but the thing that made me move to FireFox was that some IE exploit got through Avant, and trojanized my system... that was from a period where I didn't run any AV either >_<

Josh:
I can honestly say I have not been hit by any exploit in IE. I would like someone who has been hit to show me the vulnerability listing (on securnia, or whatever site) that they were hit by. So far, the only windows exploit I have been hit by was the blaster worm (RPC). You dont need to disable javascript or manage secure zones. All you have to do is practice safe browsing habits. The only time I've even had spyware ATTEMPT to install itself on my pc was when I visited a crack site (yes, I do visit them) and that never got anywhere because of several tools I have running.

I think security is overrated. I think that if we spent more of the time that we do developing "secure" applications on training and educating the end user, that we would get FAR MORE accomplished. Yes, there are unpatched security holes in IE, but I would like to see the numbers of the people actually hit by any of these holes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version