ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AceText - text & clipboard manager (for coders, writers, etc.)

<< < (6/10) > >>

rjbull:
It's a feature that allows you to preconfigure quickpaste items which, in essence, allows you to apply a text replacement/cleanup filter/query on text on the fly.   You can preconfigure and save them, then use them as simply as hitting ctrl alt q and selecting the one you want from a drop down.
-allen (September 13, 2006, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see, thanks.  So it's a bit like Boxer Software's TextMonkey (limited free version, much more powerful payware version), or the freeware Clippy which is primarily aimed at tidying up e-mail, but can do more in the latest beta.  But you'd evidently have a hard time matching all AceText's features in a single program, especially at lower cost.

mouser:
just a clarification in case its not clear, the quickpaste feature allen describes is from Clipboard Help+Spell.  You can create as many custom formatting profiles as you want and they appear in the quickpaste menu and in the formatting panel in the main window.

rjbull:
just a clarification in case its not clear, the quickpaste feature allen describes is from Clipboard Help+Spell.  You can create as many custom formatting profiles as you want and they appear in the quickpaste menu and in the formatting panel in the main window.
-mouser (September 14, 2006, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Mouser, I had indeed thought Allen was referring to AceText.  In the meantime, though, I've been wondering why you called the feature QuickPaste.  It looks to me like SmartPaste or IntelliPaste might have been better names, it they weren't taken already by someone else?

You might like to take a quick look at Clippy for its e-mail munging abilities.  The latest beta has search-and-replace built in, as well as the older features.

mouser:
in this case it's called quickpaste because at the top of the menu are recent clips for pasting; it's on the bottom that you see these formatting options (which format whatever is in the clipboard and then quickly paste it).

allen:
While AceText does have a feature called QuickPaste, it's more what the name implies -- it brings up acetext and hitting enter/double clicking on a clip immediately sends it back to the application, it's pretty quick.  But lacks the clip alteration of CHS's quickpaste.

Sorry for the confusion -- I have both acetext and CHS running -- the former as my primary clipboard extender/note keeping and the latter for its QuickPaste goodness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version