ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Sort files

(1/4) > >>

midez:
Let's say i have a folder with 3500 files. I want them in to folders with ie 400 files in each. Instead of creating a folder, marking 400 files and placing them in that folder, creating a new folder, marking 400 new and place... Yeah, you understand, i would love a software where i enter how many files i want in each folder, i choose were the files are and press go and it's done. It would be great if it was possible to have the folders numbered and choose start number.

KodeZwerg:
Hello and welcome to DC!

I could do such i guess, i would need to know:
- Do you need a filemask? ( like *.* )
- Will this operation only be used on a local machine with local drives?
- Must files be sorted in any way? (it would copy by creationtime)
- Do you need a GUI with buttons for all or prefer a CLI like "splitfiles.exe 500 c:\source\ c:\destination\" ?
- Do i need to concern about UniCode Filenames (filenames with non-Latin characters like japanese or greece and similar)
- From point of my logic, no subfolder support should be included, is that correct with your request too?

midez:
Great!

- Do you need a filemask? ( like *.* )
--- Hmm, i guess no. I want it to take all files in the specific folder.
- Will this operation only be used on a local machine with local drives?
--- Only local.
- Must files be sorted in any way? (it would copy by creationtime)
--- No. I want the files moved to the folders, not copied.
- Do you need a GUI with buttons for all or prefer a CLI like "splitfiles.exe 500 c:\source\ c:\destination\" ?
--- It would be good with a GUI. I can make a mockup if you want?
- Do i need to concern about UniCode Filenames (filenames with non-Latin characters like japanese or greece and similar)
--- Yes please.
- From point of my logic, no subfolder support should be included, is that correct with your request too?
--- No subfolders

KodeZwerg:
Sneak peak on how i thought it could be, if you dislike just tell, i keep coding proper functions now.
Sort files

midez:
It looks good! In "Choose destinations prefix" i can enter any number i want it to start on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version