ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

[FREE] Packt Book of the Day

(1/5) > >>

4wd:
Free at Packt for the next ~15 hours as of this edit, you need to create an account - they also have other permanently free books, (eg. Python, R, etc).

^ That's a link.

Might help someone find out what their other half has been up to ...  :P

IainB:
@4wd: Thanks for that link.    :Thmbsup:
Interesting writeup on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Windows-PowerShell-Scripting-administrative/dp/1787126307
Looks like it could be a pretty useful and educational reference book.

IainB:
Well, I assiduously tried to register on that website and get the free download of that book, but I was defeated by the unbeatable combination of an execrable webpage design and a Google Captcha. The page consistently failed in both Slimjet and IE.
Waste of time.

4wd:
I used Puffin on my phone with no problems, throw-away gmail address, fake name.

Also worked a previous time using Vivaldi and Nada email address.

Just tried it now with another throw-away email, worked fine, (2 mins before deal expired).

What had to be allowed:
[FREE] Packt Book of the Day

And TBH, didn't read any reviews, was more like: ooooo->Powershell->*FREE*->MINE!!!!

BTW, thinking about the sign up process, all three times I've done it I've had no ReCaptcha to play with:

Fill in details + Submit = access immediately (No ReCaptcha, no email verification, nothing)

And that's with uBlock Origin, uMatrix, Cookie AutoDelete, and a Hosts file that's ~500kB full of ad/analytics/malware/etc blocked domains.

wraith808:
Yeah... I got it easily also, and thanks for the notification!  There's a lot of other free books there also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version