topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The Bat - importing FossaMail  (Read 2314 times)

DarkStar57

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The Bat - importing FossaMail
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:28 PM »
I recently received a copy of The Bat from a DonationCoder contest. I need to know how to import my FossaMail mailbox to The Bat. Any help or a point in the right direction would greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a great day.

I still have been unable to make this work. Is there anyone who could help?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:02 PM by DarkStar57 »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Bat - importing FossaMail
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 06:44 PM »
I would go the MailStore Home-route. With that software you can get the messages you have been collecting in your FossaMail client . While it may not say that it supports FossaMail directlyy, Fossamail is a fork of Thunderbird and that one is supported in MailStore Home.

When that import is done, MailStore Home can export your messages in different formats. You can choose one that is supported by The Bat (.eml) if there isn't an option to import your content into Tjhe Bat directly. Mail filter rules and your contact book are not backed up in MailStore Home, but exporting those in a .csv file from FossaMail is often the easiest way to get contacts imported into another mail client.

MailStore Home is freeware. Not sure if you could use 'Mozilla Backup' (freeware last time I checked) in combination with FossaMail, but you could give that a try too.