ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

placing pre-fab HTML pages online (e.g the Rightnote Webbook)

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
That should work!

Steven Avery:

Introducing the Keybase filesystem
https://keybase.io/docs/kbfs

You can now write data in a very special place:
/keybase/public/yourname

Or, in Windows:
k:\public\yourname

Exactly what determines "k:" ?

I thought maybe you simply set up folders private and public in the keybase folder.  Do I have to do that fancy file system download?

rgdot:
Keybase takes up a drive letter because it acts as a drive much like software like Truecrypt does when loading your encrypted files/folders

Deozaan:
Exactly what determines "k:" ?

I thought maybe you simply set up folders private and public in the keybase folder.  Do I have to do that fancy file system download?-Steven Avery (November 16, 2018, 02:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

You need to fully install the Keybase client, including the Dokan stuff. This sets up the "cloud" part of the file system as a local drive K: on your PC.

As I stated in my original response: Using Keybase for this is perhaps a little unorthodox and not entirely uncomplicated. Even though you can use Keybase for this, there may be other, better solutions to your original request.

Steven Avery:
I did the Windows Explorer thing which is the Dokan stuff thing.  :)  However, I do not have a k: in there. Hmmmm....

And I understand that this is one alternative, There is no super-rush so I am curious how it works, maybe I'll learn some geek stuff in the process. And I like the idea of having a cloud drive mounted directly on my PC. I was a little curious about how they say those files will be there on a temporary basis, like a transit spot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version