ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

placing pre-fab HTML pages online (e.g the Rightnote Webbook)

<< < (2/4) > >>

wraith808:
With Keybase, I see lots about chat and teams, not a way to upload HTML files to have an accessible page.  Am I missing something?
-Steven Avery (November 08, 2018, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

https://keybase.io/docs/kbfs

This link explains the basic concepts pretty well, and don't get scared off simply because it shows some command-line stuff. The process is very doable with simple drag and drop in your explorer.

After you install the Keybase app, you will get what appears to be a "network drive" on your computer. Just store the HTML pages on that drive and you will be able to access them from anywhere on the internet. Use the public folder for things that anybody can see. Use the private folder for things that only you can see.
-Deozaan (November 08, 2018, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a lot easier than many make it out to be, and I find it very useful.

Steven Avery:
Thanks, guys, I should be using it shortly.

Steven Avery:
Some of the elements of Keybase puzzle me. I started to go into a second puter, and now it wants a "secret phrase".  I do not remember any such thing. Maybe because I don't yet really have the thing working?

The Dokan file system seems to want to load.  Should I let it?

Heads up: If you rely on Keybase Filesystem, leave Windows Insider until issues with Dokan/Keybase and Windows are resolved
https://www.reddit.com/r/Keybase/comments/6mwvwi/heads_up_if_you_rely_on_keybase_filesystem_leave/

Presumably resolved now, but it does mean I should pay attention.

wraith808:
Dokan is the library that they use to mount your keybase drive to a drive letter.  The secret phrase should have been given to you when you created your password.  It's something so that you can verify that you don't just have the password when you attach.  I believe you can also authenticate by some other machine- It's been a while since I've done it.  You can also generate one by opening a command prompt and typing
--- Code: Text ---keybase paperkey.

Steven Avery:
I got a puter, a laptop and an ipad all hooked into one account.  This involved using the ipad camera to point at the squiqqly things. So I don't think I need the secret password for now.

Now, back to the html online page.  I think if I have or create a html file and then change it to index.htlm and then place it in the right spot, I may have a simple online page to start.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version