ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Drag Drop renamer

<< < (3/7) > >>

magician62:
Restatement of requirements

A user resizeable interface window which contains a variable number of tiles approximately 150px square.

Each tile should have the ability to allow an image thumbnail in place or overlayed on the tile

When one, or many files are dragged from Windows and "dropped" onto the appropriate tile. A predefined rename function should auto-magically be performed on the file(s)

Ideally this rename function is immediate, or in a running queue, so the original file is updated as soon as resources are available. ( This is to accommodate the possible effect of a renaming large group of files)

Does that make it easier?

mouser:
A major question is this: Can you use an existing external commandline tool to do the renaming? So that the job of this app is mainly to queue up and invoke commandline calls to the renamer?
With each tile just specifying a different commandline to run?

magician62:
Once I know how it works, it shouldn't be a problem.

Examples are good especially if regex is involved :)

I use a number of Skwire's utils that use regex and can normally muddle my way through. :)

If it uses regex and has a result preview option, even better. :)

I do have Bulk Rename Utility installed if that helps. :)

KodeZwerg:
I'm more the maker not the thinker. (even if i thought my idea mirrors request...)
I'm more the creator not the user. (even if standard wheel exists; i like to have my custom ones...)
And finally, if you need to think and rethink (maby due to the way i communicate), i do not harm anyone or want to convince anyone.
Free world for free softwares :-)

Your are in best hands @mouser  :-*
He can better communicate and final product does what he say.

Best wishes!

KodeZwerg.

mouser:
No!! kodezwerg I will happily leave this one to you :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version