ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Drag Drop renamer

<< < (2/7) > >>

KodeZwerg:
If i may stick to my written text and your reply....

you mean the steps where i told about fileoperations and what boxes are doing... you want in fact virtual folders?

i mean....
the "boxes" thing what i mentioned and on screenshot displayed as large icons on right side

those should have some kind of "playlist" (stored locations of added files, just names, no actual files)
and my "execute" button will just rename original files in original folders and add them to selectex box.
opening a box will open something that look, feel and smell like explorer with whatever files you added.

that right?

magician62:
If i may stick to my written text and your reply....

you mean the steps where i told about fileoperations and what boxes are doing... you want in fact virtual folders?

i mean....
the "boxes" thing what i mentioned and on screenshot displayed as large icons on right side

those should have some kind of "playlist" (stored locations of added files, just names, no actual files)
and my "execute" button will just rename original files in original folders and add them to selectex box.
opening a box will open something that look, feel and smell like explorer with whatever files you added.

that right?
-KodeZwerg (November 02, 2018, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, As mentioned in my reply to mouser, I am still digesting what you wrote. :)
It was a bit late last night for thinking too much. :) And I have read through a couple of times, slowly building in my mind a picture of what you propose.

Give ma a chance to down a few coffee, and I will have another read through this morning.

magician62:
After first coffee

I will add the original source location should be from outside the utility, so once I catch up, I can wildcard the originating windows folders and work across a few.. We see about 150 species, but there is no real upper limit.

Just yesterday a little over 1000 images were added to the stack. :)

mouser:
To intrude once more lightly into this thread.. A long while ago I wrote a program called Drag and Drop Robot: https://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/other-windows-apps/drag-and-drop-robot
That program let you drop files into a window and ran a batch commandline on each.

*IF* you could separate your needs into a gui drag and drop tool, and a commandline renamer, it wouldn't be too hard to take the Drag and Drop Robot Code and make it so there was a grid of drop targets with associated images, and a separate commandline specified for each target.  Dropping files onto a target cell would simply queue that commandline up in the batch queue.

Having said all that, it's still an interesting idea of kodezwerg or someone else wants to make a more dedicated renamer tool..

magician62:
To intrude once more lightly into this thread.. A long while ago I wrote a program called Drag and Drop Robot: https://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/other-windows-apps/drag-and-drop-robot
That program let you drop files into a window and ran a batch commandline on each.

*IF* you could separate your needs into a gui drag and drop tool, and a commandline renamer, it wouldn't be too hard to take the Drag and Drop Robot Code and make it so there was a grid of drop targets with associated images, and a separate commandline specified for each target.  Dropping files onto a target cell would simply queue that commandline up in the batch queue.

Having said all that, it's still an interesting idea of kodezwerg or someone else wants to make a more dedicated renamer tool..
-mouser (November 03, 2018, 02:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting. Second coffee has arrived. :)

I will restate the requirement, which might make for an easier to split the functions, and your idea may then work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version