ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

<< < (13/22) > >>

KodeZwerg:
As a sneak preview on how i understood that search and replace thing, feel free to check this out,

small teaser:
IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

I had not much time to test so heres the basics on how i implemented it:
Do things like you should, drop files etc, checkbox files etc.
Now on Editors side, activate the search replace function like shown on above image.
All things that you checked will be included for search replace function.
This is absolutely alpha status, not optimized, if it is something like you wanted to have, tell me and i do optimize its working.
For now target files will be loaded twice, that would be optimized at first :-)

BTW Search Replace just work on Edit fields with text, when i take above image:
top first field "Target" down to "IconLocation" can be tuned that way.

Also, most respectfully, are you taking over this programming request from skwire?
--- End quote ---
I didnt knew that it was a request to Skwire. Forget about my releases, i be quit now.
I really did not want to cause any kind of trouble, i was just interested in topic and the "how-to" part.
So please excuse my intrusion into this matter.

Regards,

KodeZwerg.

berkland:

I tried to change the icon on URL files using ShortcutTuner.  This did not work, so I tried an alternate method.  First, I changed the URL files to LNK files using skwire’s Earl.exec.  Next, I changed the icon on the LNK files using the ShortcutTuner.  This method worked, however, there are three drawbacks:

1) It is a two-stage process using 2 softwares.

2) The file type was changed from “Internet Shortcut” to “Shortcut”, so the original file type information was lost.  Now, I do not know if the shortcut is a shortcut to a web page or a shortcut to a file on my PC.

3) All the URL files had to be in the same folder in order to be changed.  This is where an initial search would be very helpful so that changes to each URL file could be made wherever that URL file resides.

Are there any questions that I need to answer at this point?

skwire:
I didnt knew that it was a request to Skwire. Forget about my releases, i be quit now.
I really did not want to cause any kind of trouble, i was just interested in topic and the "how-to" part.
So please excuse my intrusion into this matter.-KodeZwerg (November 16, 2018, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

@KodeZwerg: No need to be quiet, KodeZwerg, and you weren't causing any trouble or intrusion at all.   :D

@berkland: I really do appreciate your patience on my version.  Work travel for me has been busier than normal but my last business trip of the year is next week and then I have a few weeks where I can bear down and finish my version of this app for you.  Here's some more teaser screenshots:

IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

KodeZwerg:

@KodeZwerg: No need to be quiet, KodeZwerg, and you weren't causing any trouble or intrusion at all.   :D-skwire (December 07, 2018, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear that SkWire.

@OP, i cant reproduce your found error, on my system all work like it should.
If i should fix anything, please do some screenshots of what you are doing and how you use my Application.
So i can understand whats going wrong. Be as precise as possible, thankyou.

Over here i can replace all Icons to one, no matter if .LNK or .URL

I am on vacation for a week.

berkland:
Thanks to all for your replies.  Just wanted to make sure this project had not beeen forgotten.

@berkland: I really do appreciate your patience on my version.  Work travel for me has been busier than normal but my last business trip of the year is next week and then I have a few weeks where I can bear down and finish my version of this app for you.  Here's some more teaser screenshots:

image-01.png image-02.png image-03.png
-skwire (December 07, 2018, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Suggestion:  A "Check All Boxes" or "Select All" would be great in the Find and Replace window.

Gracias!!      :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version